The Energy & Environment Alliance (EEA), a not-for-profit coalition of hospitality leaders and renowned experts, that is pioneering the first universal, scientifically robust standards for sustainable design, construction and management of hotels and apart hotels, will be holding its inaugural Summit on Tuesday, 22nd February 2022, hosted by Al-karim Nathoo, 4C Hotels and held at the new Westin Hotel, London City.
The event programme will be headlined by Lord Deben, Chairman of the Climate Change Committee, who was Conservative Party Chairman from 1983 to 1985 and Secretary of State for the Environment from 1993 to 1997.
At the conference, EEA members, comprising hotel owners, asset managers and investors, will meet to discuss investment in Net Zero Carbon (NZC) projects, Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) leadership in the hotel industry and the latest innovations. The event’s mission is threefold:
1) Review considerations critical to strategic CAPEX and OPEX decisions: including the regulatory context, legal and governance requirements, and technological developments in NZC and ESG.
2) Facilitate access to capital, both equity and debt, to drive NZC and ESG investment in hotel and apart hotel assets.
3) Instigate action: by facilitating meaningful networking between institutional investors, lenders, experts, and asset managers.
During the six conference sessions, the speakers will analyse strategies to mitigate NZC/ESG risk, future-proof projects and drive greater returns on sustainable investment. Methodologies to setting common standards and metrics, which are scientifically robust and commercially sustainable, will also be discussed.
The event’s speakers include:
- Rt Hon John Gummer, Lord Deben, Chairman, Climate Change Committee
- Al-karim Nathoo, Managing Director, 4C Hotels
- Ufi Ibrahim, CEO, Energy and Environment Alliance (EEA)
- Hadrian Beltrametti-Walker, Executive VP & General Counsel, Kempinski
- Imran Bhatia, General Counsel, Norlake Hospitality
- Xander de Buena Mesquita, Director, Treating Life Well
- Leo Carrington, Head of Travel & Leisure Research (Europe), Credit Suisse
- Elizabeth Davies, Head of Real Estate Finance, Hotels at HSBC UK Bank plc
- Frazer Durris, CEO, Businesswise Solutions
- James Fisher, Strategic Leadership Lead – Real Estate, BRE Group
- Paul George, Commercial Manager- EV & Infrastructure, Drax
- Shamir Ghumra, Head of Building Performance Services, BREEAM
- Robert Godwin, Managing Director, Lamington Group
- Paul Howarth, Director, NBM
- Victoria Kachel, General Counsel, Yotel
- Maximillian Kufer, Head of ESG, Invesco
- Tiffany Kelly, Co-Founder, Beyond Bamboo
- Tony Matharu, Chair/CEO, Blue Orchid Hotels
- Nadia Milligan, Chair, General Counsels Committee, EEA
- MuniraBoghani Nathoo, Director, The Beverley Group
- Armando Raish, Creative Director, City Air tech
- Chris Stevens, Project Design Manager, Quintex
- Alice Strevens, Chief Purpose Officer, Shiva
- Kelli Turner, General Counsel, Village Hotels
- Peter Till, Chairman, EEA
- Rekha Toora, Senior Vice President, JLL Capital Markets
- John Vickers, CEO, Blue Abyss
Ufi Ibrahim, CEO, EEA, said: “Capital flows into sustainable investments are accelerating at light-speed. So, all hotel asset classes without scientifically robust and commercially viable Net Zero Carbon and ESG strategies face serious transition risk. Furthermore, increased regulatory compliance and governance demands will shed light on the new leaders, the laggards and the greenwashers of our industry. Working with BREEAM, the world’s most impartial and reputable sustainability assessment scheme for the built environment, EEA members are defining the terms of the new order and setting common global standards. This is an unprecedented undertaking. So, it is our intention that this Summit helps to inform our work, and at the same time, informs our members’ strategic CAPEX and OPEX decisions in the here and now.”
The conference host is 4C Hotels. Conference partners are BREEAM, Businesswise Solutions, City Air Tech, Drax and JLL. The supporters are Beyond Bamboo and Quintex, NBM and Rusupo.
For more information about the conference, please visit: https://www.eea.international/events/
To download the full programme and speakers’ bios, click here.